Sunday, July 3, 2011

Attention: Campaign Postponed Indefinitely

As of this post I am indefinitely postponing the Guardians of Alluvinas campaign. As for why - we have gone for a good month with at least one person being unable to show up every time save maybe once. People don't seem to be able to make time for this campaign anymore, and I've lost interest in DMing it as a result. I won't say the campaign is dead just yet; I will say that if we bring it back, there will be some changes. To be honest, my experiences with DMing have been preferable with smaller groups compared to larger ones, so it's unlikely I will DM this campaign or another campaign with any more than 5 people at the very most. I apologize to anyone that ends up leaving out, but I want to be able to have fun with these campaigns if I'm going to put the work into them that I do.

So what happens from here? Well, there are a few options:

1) Nothing; we just leave the spot open for the time being. This'll probably be what we do for a little while at least.

2) Start a different campaign, perhaps with a different system. One system I have been looking at is the fan-made Fallout system, which doesn't have nearly the logistical support of Dungeons & Dragons (such as having no character builder), but would certainly provide a different environment for us to play in.
3) If someone else has an idea for a campaign (and can provide us with the rules if it's a different system), maybe they can start running that.

If you guys have any interest in the 2nd option, or ideas that could apply to the 3rd option, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment